Sunday, January 18, 2015

Doctored up Pinto Beans

Happy 2015! Another year flew by. We got to spend the New Year in Disney World. It was really nice but we all got the flu :( We just got back into town and my boyfriend was ready for a home cooked meal. I'm still feeling tired as I'm still taking medicine and I have so much to do around the house to get back on track...so I decided to do Pinto beans and cornbread and Dorito taco salad. Our favorite pinto beans are just doctored up from the can. One of my good friends Samantha taught me how to make these and we all love them.

Here's what you need:
Olive Oil
1 Onion
2 tomatoes
Big can of Pinto beans
Pinto bean seasoning
Gaelic Powder
Salt Pork

 First you need to chop your onion and Saute it until soft in olive oil this will take about 7 minutes. While you are waiting for the onion to soften chop your tomatoes.
 Next, you will add your chopped tomatoes and keep cooking for a minute or two.
 After that you will add the beans and salted pork. I put about 2 tsp of garlic powder and about 3-4 tbsp of Pinto bean seasoning!  Simmer for at least 30 minutes I always simmer for 2-3 hrs.
 I always add about a tbsp of pickled jalapeƱo juice too I add it around the last 20 minutes....if your not going to cook that long you can add this when you add the beans and the seasonings.
 We ate our beans over cornbread!!! These are always yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment