Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cooking Day

Today I did some cooking of course since it is 2 days till Turkey Day. I cooked two different breads a Pumpkin Orange Bread and a Pumpkin Cranberry Bread which as I write I am waiting for to get done baking :) I also made some Pumpkin Bars and Pilgram cookies which we will be delivering to the less fortunate tommorow with Thanksgiving plates...more on that tommorow. Also, for dinner I made some homemade Black Bean Burgers...my dad is kind of off meat for right now so I wanted to make something he could eat for dinner since my Sexy Muffin (boyfriend) grilled tonigt for the rest of us yummy!!!! Well thats it for today just some cooking way more tommorow!!!

Heres the recipe for the Homemade Black Bean Veggie Burgers which I got off of all recipes.com (my favorite recipe site)

1 (16 ounce) can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 green bell pepper
1/2 onion
3 garlic coves peeled
1 egg
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili sauce
1/2 cup bread crumbs

1.Preheat grill on high heat, and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil.
2.Mash Black Beans in a bowl with a fork until thick and pasty
3.In  a food processor, process green pepper,onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
4.In another bowl, stir together egg and seasoning and chili sauce.
5.Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide the mixture ino four patties.
6.Place Patties on foil, and grill aout 8 minutes on each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment