Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chocolate Eclairs!!

Hello again!! Last Tuesday I made some things to bring to Austin when we went for my brother and sister. Im soo sweet right?!?! I know I know!! Thank you all. Heres what I made for my brother he is an Eclair lover. I got the recipie on AllRecipes.com I switched some things up in the recipie and I will be making again to switch more up as they didnt come out just how I wanted. My brother loved them so I guess the taste was good.

Heres the Link to the recipie on AllRecipies.com http://allrecipes.com/recipe/eclairs-ii/detail.aspx

So first off heres the Ingredients you need all except the water and salt :)
DOUGH:
1/2 cup of butter
1 cup of water
1 cup of all purpose Flour
1/4 tsp salt
4 eggs
FILLING:
1 (5 ounce) package of instant vanilla pudding
2 1/2 cups cold milk
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup of confectionsers sugar
1 tsp of vanilla
ICING:
3 (1 ounce) squares of semi-sweet chocolate
2 Tbsp of butter
1 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp hot water

1st preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet!!!


In a medium saucepan, combine the 1/2 cup of butter and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, stirring until the butter melts completely. Reduce heat to low, and add flour and salt. Stir Vigorously until mixture leaves the sides of the pan and begins to form a stiff ball.

Remove from heat. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well to incoporate after each addition.  
With a spoon or a pastry bag fitted with a No. 10 or larger, tip, spoon or pipe dough onto cookie sheet in 1 1/2 x 4 inch strips.  Soooo as you can see I didnt use a piping bag I just spooned them onto a pan whatever size looked right and however I could fit 9 onto the pan hehe. But hey thats Megans way :)


Now on to the icing I read a tip that said dip your eclairs before you cut them into the icing so it goes on more even umm well didnt quite help me but anways let me show you the way I did them . So to make the icing:

Melt the chocolate and 2 tbsp butter in a medium sauce pan over low heat.

 
Take off heat and mix in 1 1/4 cup confectioners sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla. Stir in hot water, one tablespoon at a time, untill icing is smooth and has reached desired consistency. When cool spread on top on the eclairs or dip the top of the eclairs into...I tryed this at first but because the dough is buttery the icing wasnt sticking so I just spread it on. Put in freezer and let set for about 10 mins. While your chocolate is setting in the freezer make the filling :)

Now for the filling lets get to it!! Combine pudding mix and milk in medium bowl according to package directions.

In seprate bowl, beat cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. 
Beat in 1/4 cup confectioners sugar and 1 tsp vanilla.

Fold whipped cream into pudding.

Now take your eclairs out of freezer cut in half and put filling on bottom of shell and replace top!! You now have your self a CHOCOLATE ECLIAR!! GO YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment