Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cookies and Cream Mini Cupcakes

Last week at SXSW my brother had a couple booths at and I was the person in charge of his green room goodies :) He asked for mini cupcakes and he got mini cupcakes. :) Here's the first batch we did Cookies and Cream cupcakes. I got my recipe from http://thatwinsomegirl.blogspot.com/2010/06/cookies-cream-cupcakes.html I have used this recipe at least 4 times and everyone always loves them :)

1 (18.25 oz) Package of Devils Food cake mix
1 (5.9 oz) Package of Instant Chocolate Pudding mix
1 cup of Sour Cream
1 cup of Vegetable Oil
4 Large Eggs
1/2 cup Warm Water
It saids also to use 2 cups of Mini Semisweet chocolate chips but I never do!

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line Cupcake pans with paper baking cups.

 In a large bowl, sift together the cake and pudding mix.
Mix in sour cream,oil,beaten eggs, and water just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips if you use them and pour batter into cupcake pans.

Since I was making the mini cupcakes I had to play with the oven and the cooking time a bit that's why my cooking temperature is only 325 I always use this when I'm doing minis :) I cooked these for about 13 minutes.  

Cookies and Cream Buttercream Frosting:
2 sticks of unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup of Shortening, at room temperature
1/8 tsp salt
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 lbs. powdered sugar
4-6 tbs very cold milk
8 crushed Oreo cookies (cream filling removed before crushing)

 Cream the butter and shortening. Add the salt and vanilla extract; combine well.
Begin sifting in the powdered sugar in three or four parts, mixing thoroughly after each addition. 
After all the sugar has been added and mixed in, begin adding the milk slowly, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is achieved. 
I crushed the oreos in my food processor :)
Last fold in the crushed Oreo Cookies and Frost :)


These are awesome!! Enjoy!!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment