Friday, March 23, 2012

Yummy Banana Cupcakes with Reese's Cream Cheese Frosting


I never got to posting these last night as I intended to so here we go!! This was the first thing I wanted to do on my rather boring day. I was craving marble slab ice cream and one of my all time favorites is their Banana Ice Cream mixed with Reese's....don't knock it until you try it...its awesome!! So I figured cupcakes kind of the same hehe!! Hope you enjoy these...I'm telling you these are freaking awesome!!! I got the cupcake recipe off of allrecipies.com
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/banana-cupcakes/


You will need:
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup mashed bananas
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat your oven at 350 degrees and line 18 cupcake cups.

In large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar (yes this is how I did it just with my beaters I know I know you shouldn't but I did)
Add the eggs,vanilla,bananas and buttermilk.  Combine the flour,baking powder,baking soda and salt: add to the banana mixture.
Fill up your lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. I baked for 17 and they were just right in my oven.

Reese's Cream Cheese Frosting:
You will need:
2 8 oz packages of  cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter,softened
2 cups of confectioners sugar
1 tsp of vanilla (optional) you don't need to but vanilla always is good :)
1 cup of Reese's,chopped into very small pieces

Cream together the butter and cream cheese until well blended and creamy.
Mix in the vanilla if you want ;)
Slowly add your powdered sugar I did one cup at a time. Mix until all is blended and smooth

I just put my Reese's in a food processor (the easiest way to me) you can add more if you want but 1 cup really gives a lot of flavor but without overpowering the whole cupcake.
Last fold into your cream cheese mix.
My only problem with this frosting is the Reese's made it very hard to pipe as the pieces were getting stuck in the tip but hey just get your spoon and spoon the frosting on much easier anyways :)  A perfect tasting cupcake!! Who needs Ice cream right??? Ok Ok I do!!


No comments:

Post a Comment