Saturday, January 12, 2013

Jalapeno Popper Chicken Chili

Last night was a chilly night and so we decided to have some chili :) It was awesome!! I love different takes on chili and this one is really really good. I got the recipe from Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice. http://www.cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com/jalapeno-popper-chicken-chili-soup-with-bacon
You have got to try this! 


Ingredients:
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 small onion, diced
1 red pepper,diced
4 jalapeno peppers,diced,seeds removed (if you want it more spicy leave the seeds in)
3 cloves of garlic,minced
Coarse Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 1/4 lbs boneless chicken breasts,cut into bite sized pieces
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp Mexican oregano I just used regular as its all I had
1 14 ounce can petite diced tomatoes with juices
1 1/2 cups chicken broth ( I didn't use any because I wanted a chili not a soup)
2 cups cannellini beans ( I just had one can so that's all I used)
1 cup corn (I used frozen)
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 pound bacon,cooked crispy and crumbled ( I cooked 1/2 pound but I only ended up using about 3 pieces)
Mexican Style Cheese,shredded 

Instructions:
In a large pot, heat 2 tbsp of oil over medium heat and saute the onion,both types of peppers and garlic until soft and tender.

Season the chicken well with salt and pepper. Add another tbsp of oil to the pan with the chicken and lightly brown chicken on all sides.
Season with chili powder,cumin and oregano.
Add tomatoes,beans and corn (if your using the chicken stock add that now too). Bring to a simmer and cook 30 minutes. Taste and season as needed.
 Add the cream cheese and stir until it is completely melted.
Remove the pot from the heat.
Serve with crumbled bacon and cheese sprinkled on top.




No comments:

Post a Comment