Thursday, January 10, 2013

Yakitori Noodle Bowls

This Morning I was watching The Rachael Ray Show and she made a dish that looked different from what I usually cook but it looked really good.  So tonight for dinner I made it. It turned out pretty good.





Ingredients:
1 pound of Soba Noodles or Whole Wheat Spaghetti that's what I used :)
2 Tbsp vegetable oil I used Peanut Oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders, cut into bite sized pieces
2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
Freshly ground pepper
2 bunches scallions, trimmed of roots and cut into 2-inch pieces on an angle
1/3 cup of Sherry I just used Chicken Stock
1/3 cup tamari I didn't have any so I used a little less Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish ( I toasted them myself as I didn't have any already toasted)
Directions:
Place a large pot of water over high heat for the noodles. Once it  is boiling add the noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain thoroughly.
While the water is coming up to a boil, place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour the 2 Tbsp of Vegetable or Peanut oil in the pan. When the oil is heated add the chicken and the grated ginger and season with pepper. Spread it out in an even layer and let it brown a couple of minutes.
Shake and stir the skillet then add the scallions,sherry or Chicken stock,tamari or soy sauce,sugar and sesame oil, bring it up to a boil and simmer one minute.
Add the cooked noodles to the skillet and toss to combine. Add toasted Sesame Seeds.
Put small pan on medium high heat and when pan is hot I tossed regular sesame seeds into the pan and just kept stirring the seeds till slightly browned about 4-5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment