Thursday, April 25, 2013

Old Fashioned Gingerbread

This week we got a little cold front and to celebrate that little cold front I decided to make some Gingerbread. Let me tell you that was a great decision of mine if I do say so myself. I got the recipe from  http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Favorite-Old-Fashioned-Gingerbread/Detail.aspx . It was awesome. Everyone loved it. In the words of Serenity it was off the hook...yep that's my 4 yr old hehe.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup White Sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 egg
1 cup Unsulphured Molasses
1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
2 1/2 cups Flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 cup of hot water

Directions:
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease and Flour a 9 inch square pan. I used an 8 inch pan because that's all I had. 
2. In a large bowl, sift together the sugar and the butter. Beat in the egg, and then mix in the molasses and the applesauce.
3.In a bowl, sift together the flour,baking soda,and spices. Blend into the creamed mixture. Stir in the hot water. Pour into the prepared pan. 
4.I baked 45 minutes and it came out perfect the directions say an hr but I think that is too much so start checking at 45 minutes.  

Hope you all like as much as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment