Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Blueberry Bisquits

My dad loves Scones and Blueberries :) I get a bit tired of making Scones all the time but wanted to make something for my dad for the weekend. I was searching the Internet when I found some very tasty looking biscuits at  http://www.kenkatschke.com/post/22322527599/bo-berry-biscuits. They did not disappoint at all. They make 6 large biscuits and my dad ate 3 at one sitting :) He loved them.

Ingredients:
2 cups of Flour
1 cup of Milk(cold)
1/3 cup of Sugar
5 Tbsp Butter (Cold or Frozen)
4 Tsp Baking Powder
3 oz Blueberries (Fresh or Frozen) I used Fresh


They were soooooo good on their own I did not make a Glaze but for those wanting to put Glaze here are the ingredients you need :)

1 cup of Powdered Sugar
1/8 Cup of water
1 Tsp Vanilla
1/2 Tsp of Lemon Juice

Directions:
Preheat Oven to 450 F. Mix Sugar,Flour,and baking powder in a bowl. Add the Super cold milk in the dry ingredients and mix. As the dough begins to form take each Tablespoon of hardened butter and break chunks off and spread evenly over dough. Fold dough, and knead and keep repeating until all the butter is spread in chunks evenly throughout the dough. Move dough to floured cutting board and roll flat to about 1/4-1/2 thick and cut approximately 6 Biscuits with a biscuit or cookie cutter. ( I just used a round cup) If you notice the butter start to melt during this process you may need to return the dough to the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Do not let it sit in the freezer for more than 20 mins. ( I am in Texas in the middle of summer I did have the AC on but it was still very hot in my kitchen and I did not need to put in the freezer) Place in oven for about 7-12 minutes. Melt 1 Tbsp of butter in the microwave, and brush on the finished biscuits with a pastry brush.  Mix the glaze ingredients in a bowl, and drizzle over the Biscuits with a fork. 

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment