Monday, April 30, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Cake


Hey again! Since I'm like soo addicted to pinterest I decided to do two desserts yesterday and they both came out pretty good!! This one was a big hit with most of my family except my dad who doesn't eat icing hehe. He loved the other one. My kids I think liked them both equally but hmmm SUGAR!! Enough of this lets get to it. This is Cinnamon Roll Cake which I got the recipe from Chef in Training.


This is what you will need for the cake:
3 cups of Flour
1/4 tsp of Salt
1 cup of Sugar
4 Tsps Baking Powder
1 1/2 cups of Milk
2 eggs
2 Tsps of Vanilla
1/2 cups of melted Butter (1 stick)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 glass baking pan with cooking spray.

Beat together your flour,salt,sugar,baking powder,milk,eggs,and vanilla.

Once combined well, slowly stir in the melted butter.

Pour into your prepared pan.

For the topping you will need:
1 cup Butter, softened (2 sticks)
1 cup Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Flour
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
In large bowl mix butter,brown sugar,flour and cinnamon together untill well combined and creamy.

Drop evenly over the batter by the tablespoonfuls and use a knife to marble/swirl  through cake.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 mins I did 37 mins ;)

For the glaze you will need:
2 cups Powdered Sugar
5 Tbsp Milk
1 Tsp Vanilla
 In a medium bowl, mix the powdered sugar,milk and vanilla together with a whisk. 
 Drizze over the warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.

This was really good for breakfast the next day too.


No comments:

Post a Comment